Rijeka sport d.o.o. manages new sports and commercial facilities, whose architecture and construction fully comply with modern standards.
- Garage: People with impaired movement can access the Swimming Pools Kantrida through the public garage Rijeka, where 8 parking places are designated specifically for the disabled. Swimming pools can be reached from the square via elevators equipped with Braille buttons.
- On the main entrance level is a reception and changing rooms with sanitary facilities suitable for the disabled.
- The Olympic pool 1 (an indoor pool), the 25m pool and the shallow pool can be reached from the dressing rooms by an elevator which is suitable for the disabled. Special ramps and lifting platforms can be used to reach the Olympic Swimming Pool 2 (an outdoor pool) and the diving pool, so there are no obstacles for the disabled whatsoever.
- Special markings along the floors serve for better orientation of the blind and people with impaired vision. There are white and yellow stripes leading in different directions. They differ from the surrounding floor not only by their color but also by surface texture, making it easier for the people with impaired vision to find their way around the premises.
The Swimming Pools Kantrida are equipped with fix and mobile elevators for disabled people, which help them enter and exit the pool more easily. If necessary, elevators can be moved from one swimming pool to the other. The staff at the Swimming Pools Kantrida is trained to handle the elevators and will be glad to assist people with disabilities at any time.
In the audience are specially marked places for people in a wheel chair. Nearby, there is a toilette suitable for the disabled.
- People with disabilities can reach the beach Ploče by outside platforms. There is a special area where they can enjoy the sunshine and a wheelchair ramp allowing them to enter the sea more easily.
- The swimming club Forca and the Parents' Association of Children with Disabilities Sunce, organize trainings for people with disabilities on regular basis.
This way, people with impaired movement can use the swimming pool complex every day and at the same time, high profile swimming competitions can be organized at a national level.
The Swimming Pool Complex Kantrida has received a special international award, which speaks of its quality and functionality.
This special acknowledgement (IPC Distinction) for objects adapted to people with disabilities was awarded to the complex by the International Paralympics Committee.